When items have become damaged, dirty or unusable, NCS can provide you with professional expertise to plan, cost, specify and undertake conservation cleaning, decontamination, repackaging and treatments, for individual items and for whole collections. We will help you understand the nature and costs of conservation work and to plan your conservation priorities and strategies.
We can offer:
- Project plans, business plans and budgets
- Conservation reports and specifications
- Conservation treatment, for collections and individual items
- Conservation project recruitment, job descriptions and training plans
- Large-scale cleaning and repackaging programmes
- stabilisation for seriously degraded material
- conservation support for digitisation projects
- High-resolution digitisation up to A0
We also bring together a range of selected specialist Associates for expertise in other areas such as conservation of art, archaeology or objects, fine binding and framing. We will recruit, train and manage project staff for conservation, cleaning, repackaging and digitisation projects, either at your location or at one of ours in London or Oxfordshire. We have studio space for a wide range of conservation projects, from individual mediaeval manuscripts or seals, to maps and drawings, to large collections of modern paper records or photographs.
To find out how we can help you plan and carry out your project, contact NCS, or to receive these services as part of an annual support plan, join the National Conservation Service